As most of you know, I love to work with my hands in the garden. So it's no surprise that I'm a potter as well. Whether its landscaping a garden or sculpting clay, in the end you admire your work and it's all one in the same. I began doing pottery back in Colorado. After we moved to California I was mom, but kept my potters wheel and admired any pottery that I saw in shops or museums. Now that the kids are grown I have the time I can dedicate to this passion of mine. I take classes, work freely in the studio, and also volunteer at the Irvine Fine Arts Center. I don't plan to push myself to the point I sell my items at boutiques or anything of that nature. However, I do plan to learn new techniques and continue to perfect my work. Keeping this in mind, as you can imagine, the amount of pottery that is collecting itself in our garage continues to grow. If any of you are interested in purchasing some of my pieces, please contact me. I often make bowls, pots, dishes, vases, orchid pots etc. They make great gifts! I will continue to post pictures of my work.
No comments:
Post a Comment